The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I can't take credit for the "Vegas" part of that…
In Response To: Omega "VEGAS Roulette" *PIC* ()

Omega "VEGAS Roulette" *PIC* Posted By: delgado Date: 2/27/08 02:27:35 GMT

..due to the roulette wheel.. Apparently rather unusual configuration and in very nice condition.

Omega Seamaster 120m Chrono. Usually named. Soccer timer as it was associated with refs..(I am not sure about that)

Well, that's what Antiquorum/Omegamania stated in their bidder catalog for these similar models:
OMEGAMANIA LOT 145 "SEAMASTER SOCCER TRAINER'S WATCH":

OMEGAMANIA LOT 146 "SEAMASTER &endash; SOCCER TIMER WITH TACHOMETER":

OMEGAMANIA LOT 147 "SEAMASTER SOCCER TIMER WITH TACHOMETER":

Now, interesting thing here... There was not [to my memory and searching the on-line catalog] a 145.019 [rotating bezel] model offered at Omegamania. The Rotating bezel model [145.019] is more desirable to collectors than the plainer "fixed tachy" case reference [145.020] model in my opinion. So the Omegamania price points would likely have been higher, perhaps much higher considering the condition of Ed's example.

but with this dial and bezel, there is only name that fits it perfectly "VEGAS Roulette" (credit Chuck Maddox)

Well, I can only take partial credit on that moniker as I never mentioned Vegas or Vega$ in my email conversations with Ed... I have been known to call it "The Roulette Wheel" Seamaster for obvious reasons. Since there is roulette in more than just Las Vegas [and Atlantic City] in the US any more, and there isn't a "0" or "00" missing [only American Roulette Wheel's have the "00" slot] I haven't made the distinction of including a city name. But considering the there is a White Dial Seamaster which used this same case, we could name one variant the Las Vegas, and the other Monaco, or Atlantic City, or any one of a number of famous gambling cities...

Its usually seen with a tach scale in the outside or a rotating bezel. This one has a 24hr rotating bezel which is a not commonly seen configuration.

No it is not. And this also makes for an especially good travel watch, as you can keep your watch set to "home time" and rotate the bezel for local time where you're at, with the added bonus of having a 24-hour indication which is very handy for overseas Train and Airline timetables. Since you never touch the time, you don't risk mis-setting it.

The condition is excellent for case, dial and movement..I dont think this watch saw much wrist time.

I will say that Ed's example kinda puts mine to shame:

Even though my example is no slouch...

It was on a leather strap (perforated) with an Omega buckle. I will find a correct bracelet for it..

When you do, let me know if you find spares... I could use a couple for my other Cushion Cased Seamasters of this era!

but for now a fun strap to bring out the color of those orange hands..

That is a great color to go with those hands, Ed!

A cool fun watch from 1970.

Congratulations and Beware! These Omega's are habit forming!
-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE