The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: And I thought I was the only diver here. Welco

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the response, I am glad you enjoyed the post. I just intended to post something as a 'thanks' to the forum for being so helpful in my quest... But, Sam suggests I cross post some additional information to the "tool" forum. Once I get my act together I'll do so, and come up with a couple of shots of my beat up 'tools' -- which is a great way to describe them!

Someone queried about the use of a watch in this day and age of computers, but, as Chris has posted, timing redundancy is very important on some dives. In fact on most of our deeper dives we carry two dive computers just in case. And, as a final back-up we 'cut tables' using a computer, write out all the decompression stop times and depths on a slate for the planned dive and various contingencies, and then carry that as well. Then, if all else fails you can always just use a watch (my new Seamaster) and depth gauge. We don't do this kind of planning on every dive of course -- only on those planned on being decompression dives.

I am so dependent on being a 'tool user' I find it hard to believe how anyone can actually function without a watch! These days you see more people without one and just relying on a cell phone. Ugh.

I've only made about 60 dives with the Seamaster but so far it is performed flawlessly. I had a slight concern over the choice of titanium for the case and bracelet because there was some mention of the Ti being brittle and prone to breakage. I am hoping that this is not true. So far, I have smacked it around a bit with no problems.

Am I satisfied with the purchase? Absolutely. It functions well as a true 'dive tool', and I get a grin on my face each time I check the time.

cheers,

Dale

ps -- Chris: I love the diving off NC. The wrecks and Sand Tigers are great.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE