The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A reminder, I have a page of Velcro options here:

Speedmaster velcro strap *LINK* Posted By:
ny1971challenger

Date: 3/20/08 02:15:04 GMT

If anyone is looking for a NASA style velcro strap for their Speedmaster here's a link. I just got mine (a Speedy V-2) and highly recommend it. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will but there are some good pics on the website. Carl at GasGasBones (I gotta ask him what's up with that) does nice work and is good to work with. Steve

A reminder: I maintain a webpage which details different methods/sources of these straps. I say methods, because several of the methods are Do-It-Yourself instructions...
Obtaining/Making NASA-Style Velcro Straps...:

This page also included GasGasBone's information, but it didn't include a link to his new site [which Steve supplied to me and I've updated that page].

So you have a wide variety of choices in velcro straps, from the ultra-cheap [and not especially like NASA issue] to DIY instructions to custom made. I also believe that Omega also will sell you one for about $50-75 dollars, but other than with Omega.ch directly or at an Authorized dealer. Unfortunately the AD I use needs a Part Number to order one, but he has no idea as to what the part number is. So if you have it, or can find it: Please report back here!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

Speedmaster velcro strap *LINK*
Thank you for posting that ! *PIC*
Maybe I could get some made up that say...
A reminder, I have a page of Velcro options here:
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE