The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Which one is better, 3222.80 or 3523.80?

hi Michael,

In reply on your Email:
I started to match the models to the numbers in your post and actually now I found myself interested in the 3222.80. This in spite that I'm only a small Speedmaster fan. Mostly because their dials are so crowded and I do think the tachy bezels are quite useless and for me have little visual appeal.

Well to be honest, You should at least try getting the older model through the AD's; just send them emails with your preference and see if they coincidentally have or can source one. In my case i have always bought my new Omega's through AD's. Nowadays I'm mostly restoring vintage watches which is a different story. If you decide to go through via a non-AD always pre-check the availability of the serial number on the case and the warranty card. I also strongly recommend to read the FORUM's section on the pro's and con's of different retail channels. Lastly the most tricky part: try to assess their reputation when it comes to warranty repairs. Best to post a specific question on a vendor that you are considering on the forum, to see who has had what experience with them. Worst case with a serial number etched on the case and a warranty card, you can still get warranty/service based on international warranty/dealer-network.

NB with an Email or PM or indirectly via a post on the forum (addressed to the moderators) they can give you names of forum recommended AD's (possibly in your area).

br Eeghie

PS
- a ton of post on grey dealers are on the Forum, read as many as you can, it will heighten most certainly your buying experience.
- If it's all the same to you I'll post/continue the discussions on the forum

Messages In This Thread

Which one is better, 3222.80 or 3523.80?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE