The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Seamaster regulation
In Response To: Seamaster regulation ()

: Was wondering what everybody thought about me sending in my 2254
: for regulation. It runs about 5 secs slow a day consistantly. I
: know Omega does this under warranty but hearing all the horror
: stories I'm not sure I want them to have it. There are watch
: makers in my area that could probably do this but how does that
: affect the warranty? Thanks

Look for a local authorized dealer with an inhouse Omega certified technician. Lord knows there is a Rolex certified techician everywhere, so there must be at least one Omega certified within driving distance close to you. Regulation is a simple process and shouldn't have to be sent anywhere to be done. And FWIW, my SMP is similar at around -6 secs a day for several years now. I thought about having it regulated and even inquired to a local authorized service person. Was basically told to not even waste their time until it was losing much more time than that. But, if its under warranty, and it bothers you, go for it.

And yes, I believe that if you have it done by someone that is not authorized by Omega, it will void the warranty, and rightfully so, because if they F it up, Omega should not be expected to foot the bill to correct their mistake.

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster regulation
Re: Seamaster regulation
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE