The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Table and example of Omega bumper automatics

I've always been fascinated by early Omega automatics -- the bumper or hammer automatics.

There were two sizes: 28.10 mm and 30.10 mm, and the movements lifespan extended through Omega's beginning to use calibre numbers in 1949 so there were initially sized-based designations, later calibre numbers.

This table shows how these movements were related and how they differed. I included photos of some of the movements I own, which range from pristine to far from it. A few allowed me to post their examples as well. (If you have others of models not shown, please contact me.) Perhaps someone could use this as a reference . . .

Old Designation 30.10 mm subseconds Calibre Number Seconds Date Springs Regulation Chronometer
30.10 RA PC[image] 330 [image] subseconds noneexposedstandardno
30.10 RA PC AM JUB [image] 331 see photo below[image] subsecondsnoneexposedstandardyes "Jubilee"
332see photo below [image] subsecondsnonecoveredstandardno
333 [image] subseconds nonecovered"rg" fine regulation Yes

Example of 331/30.10 RA PC JUB "Centenary"

[image]

Example of calibre 332, courtesy of Father John Shinall "jmrolls"

[image]

Old Designation 28.10 mm subseconds Calibre Number Seconds Date Springs Regulation Chronometer
28.10 RA PC[image] 340 see photo below[image] subsecondsnoneexposedstandardno
28.10 RA PC BULL[image] 341 see photo below[image] subsecondsnoneexposedstandardYes
342[image] subsecondsnonecoveredstandardyes
343 see photo below[image] subsecondsnonecovered"rg" fine regulationYes
344 see photo below[image] subsecondsnonecoveredswans neck regulationYes

28.10 RA PC (later calibre 340)

[image]

Calibre 341, courtesy of SteveG

[image]

Calibre 343

[image]

Calibre 344

[image]

Old Designation 28.10 mm center seconds, no date Calibre Number Seconds Date Springs Regulation Chronometer
28.10 RA SC PC AM[image] 350[image] center secondsnoneexposedstandardno
351 see photo below[image] center secondsnonecoveredYes
352 see photo below[image] center secondsnonecovered"rg" fine regulationYes
354 see photo below[image] center secondsnonecoveredswans neck regulationYes

Calibre 351

[image]
[image]

Calibre 352

[image]
[image]

Old Designation 28.10 mm center seconds with date Calibre Number Seconds Date Springs Regulation Chronometer
353 see photo below[image] center secondsnonecoveredstandardno
355[image] center secondsnonecoveredswans neck regulationYes

Calibre 353

[image]

Messages In This Thread

Table and example of Omega bumper automatics
Thanks Sam for the information
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE