The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: What do these numbers mean?

: The smaller number s inside are probably case
: ids. The 6 digit number on the inside and
: outside is a mystery. Normally, that would
: be the serial number--but Omega serial
: numbers are 8 digits long, not 6.

: Would help if you told us more about the watch
: itself. Posting a photo of it would make a
: huge difference. Is it modern or vintage?
: Seamaster, Constellation, Deville,
: Speedmaster, or simply labeled Omega?

I wish I new more...It's definitely an older watch, white face, chrome coloured body and plain numbers. The hands are white with black trim. At the 3 and 9 o'clock position there are two dials~seconds (left)and 30 minutes (right). There is the crown for winding and a push button for counting seconds. I noticed all other Omega's have either one or 3 to 5 "knobs". It says Omega and has the logo under the twelve. When I opened it up I found "Omega","17 Jewels", and the 977718 number engraved in the "workings". The 6002/1 and 9-58 were on the inside of the case cover. What I didn't mention was that it has engraving on the back of the cover...

R.C.A.F. (Royal Canadian Air Force)

SERIAL NO.

HA-60-014

6W-16

The back is the kind where you need a special "Key" to open it, there are 6 grooves where the key fits. How do I get a picture to anyone out there to help me identify it. By the way, I picked the watch up at a garage 2 weeks ago for one Canadian dollar, it keeps time perfectly but is a little rough in appearance.
Thnx!

Messages In This Thread

What do these numbers mean?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE