The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Bezel on 2 new SmPs>>>>>>>>>
In Response To: Bezel on 2 new SmPs>>>>>>>>> ()

Hi Mike,

On a mechanical construction, wherever there are moving parts there is always need to have some loosening (play), otherwise the moving parts wouldn't be able to move. The amount of play depends on the precision and tolerance the design engineering dictated.
I only can guess that the play on your bezel could be at the max which is allowed by the design.
On my SMP there is also a small amount of play, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Regards, Baruch.

: I have heard this subject thrown around both
: here and on TZ for a while now. While some
: say that the bezel on a SmP should
: definitely have a bit of "play" or
: vertical movement when depressed, others
: claim that it should be rock solid, no
: "play" whatsoever, and it should
: be fixed. I recently had the chance to have
: 4 SmPs at once, all brand new, never even
: tried on. Without exception, each bezel had
: its own amount of play, moving slightly when
: pushed upon.

: So, can anyone offer more insight? For some
: strange reason, I am still not sure this is
: normal.

Messages In This Thread

Bezel on 2 new SmPs>>>>>>>>>
you need play
Re: Bezel on 2 new SmPs>>>>>>>>>
I've never heard >>>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE