The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Rolex Vs Omega the eternal question

: Was this really necessary? I mean really,
: anyone looking at this knows that you are
: only trying to start a flame war?

Well it was necessary for me. and all of the feedback I got on this site was actually helpful for me to make a final decision

: Statements like: >Here is why I will NOT buy
: a rolex.

: OK good enough, so you WON'T buy a Rolex. BFD.
: You don't have to explain to us how you will
: spend YOUR money.

This is a forum. I thought the whole idea was for people to get feedback from other people that might have face the same dilema as me in the past.

: >I do not want to offend

: WTF are you talking about??

WTF: is that how rolex lovers talk to other poeple?
What I was trying to say maybe not in the most clear manner is that 95% of people buys rolex to show off 5% are real watch lovers that bother reasearching the internet to understand more watches

: > I do not want to be

: Why in hell are you interested in a JLC then
: when a Timex will do?

Because a JLC is a real piece of horlogery, Because it is not flashy, because their movements are hand made etc...

: >That why I do not feel like putting a Rolex
: on

: So you DO care what people think.

I never say I did not I just said I do not want to people to think that I am trying to show off. I do care about what people think. If they happen to see my watch I do not want to say another young prick showing off his roles.

Anyway with a name like rolex luthor there is no much point discussing I gues you are always going to be partial.

: roLex Luthor.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE