The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Seamaster Ti Chronograph Chronometer questions

Thanks for the help! Here's more info after following your suggestions:

1. The scratches really aren't too bad but I have a Microlon pad coming from an Omega dealer to see if I can clean them up a bit.

2. I've e-mailed the folks listed on the Omega web site as Customer Service in the U.S.A. and asked them when my watch was made (based on my serial number) and what can be done about the lack of luminosity. I'll report back when I hear from them:

SGCS
1817 William Penn Way
Lancaster PA 17601
Tel. 717 394 7252
Fax. 717 399 2211
Email: sgcst@swatchgroup.com

3. Glad to hear your diver extension is like mine.

rambo

: Hi there, congrats on your new purchase.

: I too have a Ti SMP Chrono (same model,
: 2298.80) and answer to your questions: 1.
: Cant really help you there but I do know
: that the Ti is little bit more scratch
: resistant than the S/S and also that the Ti
: has a brushed finish, this makes it harder
: to notice compare to the mirror finish on
: the S/S.

: 2. Might wanna get it check out at a authorized
: omega service centre on the lume.
: www.omega.ch have a list of distributor
: around the world, give your local
: distributor a call to find out where and
: who. Mine showed the same brightness on all
: lumes dots and hands (Then again mine is 5
: months old, bought new from Auth. dealer).
: To check how old is the watch, send an email
: to Omega (product@omega.ch) with the serial
: number. I did mine in Oct last year and
: received a reply a week later, with watch
: details, the date it was manufactured and
: the country it was shipped to.

: 3. Mine is solid too, no hole(s) on the diver
: ext part. My Ti SMP chrono is fairly new
: from the maker, manufactured and shipped in
: July 02.

: Hope this help and if your want Pic(s) of my
: watch to compare, shoot me an email.

: Cheers
: Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE