The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

inherited watch... Seamaster

HI there.... you may not be able to help me w/o me posting a pix (which I can do once I get home, I'm at work now...) but here's my description of the watch I've inherited from my mother. It belonged to my grandfather. He died in 1977, and had had the watch for a long time:

It's a solid gold Omega Seamaster, but the all gold band's clasp has "Tiffany&Co" engraved beneath the now illegible numbers noted before the "K" for carat. I believe it's at least 18 carats. But since it's stamped "Tiffany" than it's not an original "Omega" band, is it?

The watch face is very simple - round, pearly-white/silverish colored face with gold markings for numbers, but for the 12, which is represted by the Omega symbol. There is nothing where the 6 would be...and there are thin black lines criss crossing the watch (the 12 to the 6, and the 9 to the 3). "Seamaster" is written in a cursive style on the face, and way at the bottom of the face it says "swiss made". It also says "Omega" in gold beneath the "12" spot, and underneath that, "automatic". The back of the piece has the traditional seahorse design with Seamaster name. "Waterproof" is etched at the bottom of back.

Though I've yet to take this to a jeweler to find out the serial #, I thought perhaps someone here might recognize this piece and guesstimate the approximate value?

Thanks in advance for any info! Julie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE