The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Sorry, but I have to pick up on a few points here.
In Response To: Re: AUTHENTIC WATCHES.COM????? ()

I'm very sorry this happened.
Me too, as are probably most posters here

I've asked Zowie to post a warning on their site but they won't.
I have no Idea who you have asked or when or how, but I've never recieved an E-mail on this subject & I don't recall reading a post asking for this. Having now just checked ths thread, I see you asked in 2002. I can't find too many posts by yourself ( 45 in total under the name Stephen ) so I guess you have been lurking & posting infrequently for quite a while now. If so I'm a bit amazed at your following comments. But firstly, back to your request.

The Zowie Forum & The CHRONOCENTRIC website is NOT affiliated to ANY watch dealer/company whatsoever.

The site was the SOLE property of Derek Ziglar, until his untimely death a couple of years ago. After this Jeff Stein ( Co-moderator of our sister Heuer Forum ) took over ownership. Chuck Maddox is the other Co-moderator on the Heuer Forum. I started to Co-moderate the OMEGA forum with Keith Downing almost exactly 2 years ago.

So we 5 people "ARE" Zowie - in the official sense. No-one can speak for Derek & I will only speak for myself, But this is my stance on this point.

Authentic Watches is a grey market watch dealer. We ( - from this oint WE refers to Zowie/Chroncentric & the majority of our forums members ) do NOT recommend that anybody buys watches from Authentic Watches or ANY other Grey Market watch dealer.

If we were to post a warning about Authentic Watches, then we should also post about ALL Grey Market watch dealers. I don't have a list of them ( or even interest in making a list ). That'd be a never ending list, that constantly changes as various companies come & go.

We can ( & do ) regularly send requestors information on our "forum Authorized Dealer". For legal reasons we will NOT post these details, but they are available for ANYONE who asks. ( MMC / Turbinator / Chuck Maddox or John Rochowicz can help you ). This dealer will give you a great price on a BRAND NEW Omega watch, service that cannot be beaten & all the safety of knowing that you have purchased a 100% legal watch from a 100% legal Omega supported Authorized Dealer.

Sure you may save a few more dollars, by going "Grey", But, hey, read this thread to see what kind of risks you are taking!

They must have ties with them or something
Nope, as I stated above, we have no ties in anyway whatsoever to ANY watch dealer. Not even the AD that we recommend. We just like to pass on info on the good guys !

At this stage I should point out that I have RARELY edited or deleted a post. You WILL find posts from people in our forum who have had a good experience by using Grey Market dealers. This doesn't mean that we recommend them. It means we respect the posters opinions & they have a right to express it. THAT'S ALL.

Like the various safety clauses state on DVD etc. "The opinions expressed here, by individuals, DO NOT neccessarily reflect the manangements opinion"

- way too many people have been scammed by these guys.
I can't believe they're still in business.

I hope you are now referring to Authentic Watches & not "us" ( Zowie or Chronocentric ) _ I will assume you ARE referring to Authentic Watches. & I agree 100%

Please take some time & scan through our forum. I think you'll find that we DO NOT recommend Grey Market dealers. But we DO recommend a great AD.

If more people took the time to do this, Authentic Watches & others would have fewer customers.

If we are asked, we recommend against it. But we are not always asked. & quite often all we get are the complaints afterwards.

Amazing how we, good people, have zero power to protect themselves from online thieves, or better yet, bloody pirates.
Yes you DO have the power. KNOWLEDGE is power. do some research BEFORE you spend your money.

Prevention is always better than Cure.

But having spent your money then coming here to Complain / Cry about poor service isn't really doing anyone much good is it ?

All I can thank you for is that hopefully other prospective customers learn from your mistakes.

Please let me finish this post as I started my expressing my commiserations to anyone who has bought from Authentic watches or any other Grey Market dealer. We don't recommend it, never have & never will.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE