The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A discussion forum for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for DISCUSSING tool type watches within following categories:
Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings. No FOR SALE, WANT TO TRADE and other ADs--they belong in our ChronoTrader Sales Forum.

Atlanta Watch Get Together T 4/22 Report

The Atlanta Watch Get Together was held Tuesday night, 4/22 at The Clubhouse restaurant at Lenox Square Mall in the Buckhead section of Atlanta. We had two rooms -- the Normandy bar room and an adjacent dining room. 28 persons attended, with about 20 staying for dinner. The number of watches . . . . ????

Thanks to Tourneau who provided each guest with a bag of swag, including a $250 gift certificate on any purchase over $1,000 . . . and a few extra prizes in random bags.

My apologies to the group for not providing more space for displaying watches. I only had time to get the lighting improved or more tables set up . . . we'll do better next time!!!

In attendance . . . .

our lovely hostess, Jan Hewitt (Watchwidow)

Ken Effinger (Kpe0007) and George Kuhn (Ticketgeorge)

Christian and David Hawley

Ryan (Rryan)

Greg Cronkhite and Andy Pick

Jeff Stein and daughter Rebecca Stein -- a most charming young beauty, who admirably displayed patience and understanding for our obsession with timepieces . . . could we have a budding watch diva??

AAP -- Alex and Heather Pacin

Mark Benedict and Greg Cronkhite

Jim Grant, Ashley Womble and Zidane -- Nick McDearis; back of Scottman -- Scott Crane

Jim Moose and Ashley Womble

and the lovely Mrs. Womble, Michele

Earlier in the day, the Mooses and the Hewitts visited the wonderful House of Fleming, where you can pick out your alligator, crocodile, lizard or stingray skin and have a custom watch strap made.

Jim and David each ordered one of the these chairs . . .

Jim . . ..

David . . .

David's lovely spouse, Donna with one of the incredible The Clubhouse desserts . . .

my apologies to the equally lovely Ginger who I somehow missed -- along with the other guests I did not photograph.

And, by the way, the Mooses are as much fun in person as they are on the forums. Thanks, y'all for such a good time!!

Obligatory Dinner Shots

. . . . and the watches

Jim and Ginger Moose watches -- wow!

David Moose watches -- amazing selections

Christian and David Hawley -- what a great group, but I missed hearing about all of them -- next time!!!

ticketgeorge -- George Kuhn's amazing collection of Doxa's

Andy Pick's collection (horrible pic -- amazing watches)

Greg Cronkhite's JLC movement cufflinks -- way cool!!

Ryan's watches -- a cool focused collection

Jeff Stein's watches -- all unique pieces

Hewybaby -- my stuff

My apologies for the quality of my photographs -- I made a mistake in the settings and I could not photoshop them any better. the good photos are courtesy of David Moose. Thanks, David!!

Thanks to everyone who came . . . .

I had a great time and hope you did, too.

Hewybaby -- Sam Hewitt
Watchwidow -- Jan Hewitt

Messages In This Thread

ADMIN! Atlanta Watch Get Together T 4/22 Report
More Photos / Lots of Tool Watches Here
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE