The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: FS: Heuer Monte Carlo dashboard mounted timer.
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

Rare tachymeter bezel, Heuer Monte Carlo, 1967+ two button dash timer. Valjoux 7714 movement.

Been stored for the last 30 years by the owners widow. The history I can get about this piece is that it had been bought in Angola along with a Mastertime (also for sale, see my other items) and used in a BMW 2002 rally car. It was later removed from the car and bought to South Africa the mid 70’s when the family escaped the Angolan civil war. They’ve been owned by the same family ever since and never put into another car. Sadly along the way the box and papers have been lost along with the dash mounting screws. These are available see this link:

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=11764

The condition of this timer is very good as shown in the pictures.
It winds, runs and resets even after a long period of storage, this would only be improved by a proper service. The back plate is marked with the number 16.8433 and the case with 67072. The rare tachymeter bezel ( I believe only around 5% of Monte Carlo’s produced had this bezel), moves freely and can be positioned precisely. The lume on the hands are worn, as to be expected with this model but all other lume plots and font are excellent and glow well. The face does have a small mark just above the T<25mc symbol. The plastic crystal has light wear marks but this can be replaced relatively cheaply. The case has light wear marks with the deepest shown just under the stamped case number. The mounting plate has some light corrosion on the back that would go against the dashboard and some small marks around the screw holes. The crown and push button are both excellent and work well.

I have tried to photograph this clock very honestly showing any imperfections as well as the beauty of this timer.

I'm located in southern England and welcome you to come and inspect the clock. I would of course accept cash on collection.

I'm looking for £1500 / €1800 but I'm open to sensible offers.

I can arrange shipping Worldwide with full insurance at the buyers expense. The buyer is responsible for any cross border taxes incurred. As with any item I sell it will be very securely packaged. I will accept various payment methods (TBA) but prefer PayPal (+4%)

Messages In This Thread

(Message Deleted by Poster)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE