The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer / Lederer 510.501

Find another one of these for sale in the last two years, I dare you.

The only other one I know belonged to the late Chuck M (being Chuck he also had the green PVD Lederer as well).

This is to all intents and purposes the Heuer 510.501. It even has a Heuer signed crown.

I bought this from an estate sale in the US, and I have serviced the watch and replaced the crystal. It is otherwise original and unrestored.

The PVD to the case is a very nice aged semi-silk graphite colour now, with slight silvering at the edges. The reset pusher has worn a lot of the PVD off at the back and is mostly a satin finish. The bracelet (again, all original and fitting my 7.5" wrist at the tightest setting so room for 8.5" at least) has faired less well, but this is not surprising as the coating for these is completely different than for the watch itself, more like a paint really. It appears a bit more glossy and there is evidence of wearing off the surface, whereas the case finish seems to be part of the metal.

The caseback is exactly as it should be, simply engraved with the code 510.501 and the relevant information, not the Heuer medal of later (non-Lederer) variants.

As stated, this has been serviced about 1.5 years ago. No issues were found.

It all works as it should, it simply gets no time on my wrist, so I am cashing it in for other purchases.

The reserve is greater than 40 hrs and over that period it was +8 seconds, compared to a waveceptor watch.

I am asking £700 (I am UK based) for this rare and interesting chronograph, in good condition for the age, and working well. RMSD in the UK is included. I will examine all sensible offers. No trades, sorry, I need the cash.

More photos available on request, see e-mail address above

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE