The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Dugena Depthmaster Baby Panerai

For sale from my personal collection is this amazing 100% original sixties/seventies Dugena diver. Does this watch look familiar? You are right, it looks a lot like a Panerai only smaller!

Dugena is a German watch brand and although I don’t know which Swiss case maker made this case, Nivada mentioned in their DepthMaster adds that it was a Swiss manufacturer and they used Swedish steel.
What I do know that this watch case was truly used the world over. Droz, LeCoultre, Nivada, Austin, Jungfrau, Sandoz and even Orient of Japan added their own unique dials to this popular case.
By the way, there were slight variations on the case thickness, but we’ll consider them all relatives. Yes, that’s right, this case was shared across continents – fascinating!

The watch is in brilliant condition for a watch fifty years old, it has got an acrylic high and flat crystal with bevelled edges, a lovely slate grey dial with a bright sunburst effect, all the original lume is still intact.
The bezel rotates unidirectional and features a lovely blue and white acrylic inlay which is uncracked and intact!

The stainless steel case is unpolished, the brushing clearly visible and the bevelled edges are still sharp, the watch still has its original spring loaded crown, also quite unique.
I am not the best photographer , so the watch looks even better in the flesh, don’t look too much at the dust specks or fingerprints.

Diameter without the crown is 40mm, with crown 40mm, 45.23mm length, 11.2 mm thickness, it wears very comfortably.
The lugsize is 18mm and the watch comes on a period correct ultrasonically cleaned beads of rice bracelet but just look at the photos how many straps look well on this watch.

Inside ticks the venerable Dugena 3325, which is a Dugena branded ETA 2781, watch keeps time well for a watch this age, winding and quick-seting the date both working like they should.

Since my collection has gotten too large again it is time to make some choices, so this rare bird may leave.

425 EURO
Excluding shipping.

If you have any question please send me a DM in German, English or Dutch and I will answer as soon as possible.

Diameter without crown: 40mm
Bezel diameter: 36.5mm
Length: 45.2mm
Thickness: 11.2mm including the high acrylic crystal and bezel
Movement: Dugena 3325 (Dugena branded ETA 2781
Lug Width: 18mm

I am located in The Netherlands and ship worldwide.

I am a collector who sometimes has to sell a watch from his collection so that is does not get too large, therefor I am a private seller, I am a regular at Uhrforum, WUS and the Dutch horlogeforum, there is plenty positive feedback obtainable.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Dugena Depthmaster Baby Panerai
Re: OPEN TO OFFERS FS: Dugena Depthmaster Baby Panerai
SOLD Dugena Depthmaster Baby Panerai
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE