The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia 1163T "Siffert" - early 2nd execution

I didn't mention in my first posting to this forum a couple of days back that I'm looking to find new homes for a few pieces (from a very small 'collection') to inject funds into a car restoration project (first world problem I know...).

This is my one and only Heuer and I'm offering it first to this forum- the motorsport enthusiast in me fell in love with the Autavia story and the "Jo Siffert" Chronomatic / 1163T in particular. The Crosthwaite/Gavin Autavia book was purchased, research undertaken, experts spoken to, and the web browsed for a lengthy period - resulting in this 2nd generation/Mark 2 "Siffert" which is now (very) reluctantly offered.

I used Richard Crosthwaite's authentication service to help confirm the watch's bona fides - his assessment follows:

Reference: 1969 Second generation Siffert
Dial: Ridged markers; 3-6-9 dial
Case: Unpolished. Serial # 141386
Movement: Cal 11
All parts original.
Gay Freres bracelet stamped 1/69 and period leather strap with sun buckle

The watch was fully serviced in October 2020 and my watchmaker subsequently replaced the hour subdial zero hangman screw.

I can go on about the watch but you are best to judge from the photos. It is no museum piece/safe queen - the dial has taken on a creamy patina, there are a few nicks and a scratch in the brushed surface near the 100. But it's an original, honest early Second execution - the serial number is very close to that of the Chronomatic currently being offered by vintageheuer.com.

From what I can see in the all the usual sales channels, this is the only 2nd execution currently available and (I believe) have priced the watch very realistically in this market.

Offered at USD 12,750 (or market equivalent in any major currency) which includes shipping via Fedex or DHL to your door. If you are a CONUS buyer and have any reservations about the shipping/import process, I can also ship to you via a trusted friend/collector in NYC so you would receive the watch as if purchased in the US. I can possibly do the same for the UK, the EU and Switzerland...

Here are the photos - I apologise these show some dust on the crystal. The majority of these show watch on the strap - I removed the GF bracelet early on for safe keeping and personally also prefer the feel of leather (plus the blue strap really sets off the dial accents...). Shots on the GF show the hour sub-dial as not reset to zero - this was subsequently sorted with replacement of the hangman screw as noted above. The movement shot was taken during the service in late 2020. Please contact me with any queries/questions and again, this is a very genuine sale. Thanks to Chroncentric for the space.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia 1163T "Siffert" - early 2nd execution
Re: FS: Heuer Autavia 1163T "Siffert" - early 2nd execution
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE