The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Rolex DateJust Thunderbird Turnograph tutone US$1650

Hi folks,

For sale today is a friend's watch that belongs to his father who has bought it new in the late 70s. Watch has not been worn for some time and has been stashed in a drawer for many decades. It was serviced once and at one time, the clasp has been changed. The watch however, have been left as original as it left the factory. The whole watch is unpolished, which is definitely a plus.

Overall, the watch condition is superb, and with some TLC, (polishing of the case and original tall acrylic crystal), this should looks almost like brand new as the interior parts, dial, etc, are near perfect. The hour markers, though under the original scratched crystal, gleam and shine when light runs through them. This watch is equipped with an interesting linen textured champagne colored dial.

The very interesting 18kt thunderbird turn-o-graph bezel (that what makes the watch different from the rest of the common DateJusts!) is in superb shape with not much scratch and still shining like it should.

18kt & SS Bracelet looks superb as well, and there was little sign of wear as shown in one of the shots where I bend the bracelet all the way. Usually this is how any good condition jubilee bracelet should appear.

Watch is running strong, keeping time very well, +/- 10 secs so far I have observed (for a day now). No quickset date as this is from the later 70s. I'm sure you can just wear it right away if you want to, or if you like to have it serviced by RSC, by all means.

A fine specimen of a reference 1625 Datejust. Will let the photos do the rest of the talking:

Priced to move, I am asking for REDUCED USD 1,650 OBO with registered mail included. Paypal ok if you share the fees.

I have been here (and quite everywhere) for some time already. However if you need, rock solid references upon request. :)

I can be reached at reficul_x@yahoo.com
Please do not PM me. Tks!

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Rolex DateJust Thunderbird Turnograph tutone US$1650
Re: FS: Vintage Rolex DateJust Thunderbird Turnograph tutone
REDUCED to USD 1,550 OBO.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE