The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare Rolex Explorer 1 "Blackout" - Under Warranty *LINK* *PIC*

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time posting.

I am selling my rare Rolex Explorer One Ref 14270 "Blackout" to fund purchase of a "grail" watch. The watch is completely original, verified by Rolex last year as authentic and is still under Rolex service warranty. The watch is unpolished and i have declined any external replacements parts upon servicing (seen in service docs below).

The watch sits on the original oyster bracelet and will come with the following:

-Rolex Exp One "Blackout" Head
-Rolex Oyster Bracelet
-Original Exp Booklet
-Rolex Service Papers dated Nov 11, 2009 (still under warranty!)
-Rolex Service Documentation outlining what was done, and more importantly, what wasn't done
-Credit Card receipt from service
-Rolex polishing cloth

This watch was the inspiration for an article I wrote on WorldTempus.com that can seen here, and in fact is shown in that article (how's that for provenance? :)) : http://www.worldtempus.com/en/news/top-news/detail/article/1256631638-neo-vintage-watches-hard-to-fix-a-price/

I do love this watch and consider it one of the rarest sapphire Rolexes...the only reason I am selling it is to fund a true "grail" purchase. Believe me, don't want to sell it, but must :( The blackout is as special as it gets in the last 25 years for Rolex, and the potential upside on these examples is quite high, especially when you look at what the prices of Double Reds and Reds have done over the last few years - these are far more rare than both of those, simply not understood as well right now.

Looking for $6400 or best offer. Would consider less to an OTD member, because even though I'm not a regular contributor, I feel it is one of the most supportive and friendly forums around.

Most examples are priced around $8500 and mine is still under service warranty. Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Watch is located in NYC.

I am happy to send any further pictures you'd like, and for references, a few of the guys know me around here and i'm sure would be happy to tell you i'm a nice guy :)

Thanks to all,

Ben

To see all pictures of this watch including everything mentioned above, click here: http://s864.photobucket.com/home/Benjamin_Clymer/recentuploads

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE