The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera Calibre 12 ref 1153 in pristine condition

Testing the waters on this one, classic and collectors piece that will actually gain in value but prolly dont need to tell you fellows that. 1974 Heuer Carrera ref.1153 calibre 12 automatic chronograph This one is in rare pristine condition. This is not a redial, the original dial is in amazing condition with no signs of corrosion, only the creamy patina on the white portions. The blue of this dial is charming. Whats more, the case is in excellent condition, very near to NOS with clean crisp edges and factory finish, no buffing. These are highly desirable traits as Im sure your aware. Crystal is clean as is the movement. The watch is in excellent working condition. Keeping wonderful time, chrono lines up perfect, full power reserve (whopping 52 Hours), Chrono is functioning well, please note however the half hour advances early at the 10th min of each full hour and then corrects at 30min, Minor issue can be realigned at next service but I offer full disclosure. Despite over 35 years this is easily 95% TZ, practically NOS. As for straps I can include it on either the brown Hirsch (Pic #1) or a nato (Pic #2, or a solid black/grey if you prefer). This is a full size vintage peice, 38mm across w/o crown so easily wearable by todays standards.

Offered at a reasonable $1895, this includes paypal fees and shipping w/in Canada and USA, I'm also happy to ship elsewhere. I'm happy ot entertain offers but given the scarcity of clean examples such as this one I won't part with it at the same price of some cheap redial or banged up example. These come up rare enough in any condition, let along fine condition of this one. The only reason I'm parting with it is that I can't abide the thought of allowing it to see daily wear given the shape its in.

If you require further pictures and questions, let me know and I'm happy to oblige. I also have many references from private watch sales so feel free to ask for those as well.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Carrera Calibre 12 ref 1153 in pristine condition
SOLD
Re: FS: Heuer Carrera Calibre 12 ref 1153 in pristine condit
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE