The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Omega Seamaster 300, ref. 165.014 circa 1963, slim

Hi folks,

Selling this on behalf of a friend... who told me that he needs a 44mm watch instead of the classic 39mm case! ... Ok, now you got a chance to own this watch. :-)

Watch is the rather rare transitional ref. 165.014, which is essentially the same watch as the earlier ref. 14755, and this watch according to Omega is made within a short span of 5 years (1962-1966). (However, I know that the later ref. 165.024 is also made in 1964, hence there is some cross-over, making this watch rarer as the production number should be low)

Moreover, adding to the rarity, this watch is equipped with the caliber 550, rather than the very common 552 for this watch (the earlier ref. 14755 is equipped with 501). At first, as this does not comes to me naturally & correct, although it appears curious to me that the serial number of the movement 21,XXX,XXX (1962-63) matches the caseback's '63, but still I was unconvinced and thought it was a fraken watch. But I did my diligence on Omega watch, this model does indeed comes with either 552 or 550 (see screenshot below from Omega database search). This is definitely a very interesting find for the curious collector. ... and I thought I know it all. shucks...

Watch has been fully serviced recently by Omega UK in 25 June 2010, and 2 years of service gurantee has much life left. So all this watch needs is... someone to wear it!

Watch crystal is near perfect mint, and the original super-domed crystal has the original Omega logo at the center. (see pics). I have also taken a shot at the back of the dial, with the correct dial ref. number, to prove that dial is original and not an aftermarket.

The hands are a transitional hands to the 165.024 which could be either correct for this model or the previous owner has it changed during a service previously. The bezel insert looks near perfect. And the font style, color got me excited, initially, as it looks like a perfect original vintage. But after super close observation with my 20X loupe, it does not looks consistent with the previous original I had. Hence I deduce that it is either a replacement made by Omega, or someone who is really DAMN good at it. Even the concave bakelite shape is correct. I cannot be 100% sure if it is aftermarket, having said so. (see pictures of bezel insert to be convinced) The bezel clicks well, where usually, for this model, it is gone as the little ruby ball bearing in between the bezel and case is easily missing. But this one clicks like it should! :-)

Keeping time very well (of course as this was just serviced) and everything is in order.

I will let the pictures do the talking for now:

I am asking for a very FIRM USD 3,950 wired, shipped.
Solid references upon request and if the above pictures do not load, means this watch has gone to a good home.

I can be reached at reficul_x@yahoo.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Omega Seamaster 300, ref. 165.014 circa 1963, slim
Or your best offer. Trade will also be considered esp...->
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE