The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Eberyard & Co. Scientigraf - Rare is an understatement

For sale here is one I hunted for close to 5 years, but unfortunately must let go on account of a recent purchase. The Eberhard & Co. Scientigraf – Ref. 11538 – is something of an “insiders’ grail”, as it’s as rare as you’re going to find and, in its time, rivaled the Rolex Explorer, Milgaus and other similar high-end sport watches.

My example was created during the 1960s, which was Eberhard’s heyday. The movement is the Eberhard Cal. 11500, which has, among other things, 17 jewels, a straight line lever escapement, a monometallic balance adjusted to temperature, a self-compensating flat balance spring and an anti-magnetic cap (hence comparisons with the Milgaus). The case is 3738 mm across excluding the crown. The bezel is painstakingly textured with a surface unlike any other you’re going to see (somewhat similar to the Vianney Halter Goldpfeil camera watch for those drawn to the independents).

Everything on this one is original to the watch. The dial is in wonderful shape, and the Arabic numerals, triangular indexes, dial markers and dial printing all have a wonderful patina. The hour, minute and second hands, as can be seen from the scans, all have their original lume and have faded to a pleasing hue along with the dial. The caseback is marked as it should be. This was looks far better on the wrist than it does in scans, and it looks pretty amazing in the scans!

Not much more to add here. I’ve seen only one of these offered during the past 5 years (other than mine), and it was listed at $14,000. Eberhard created very few Scientigrafs, and those which have survived are highly coveted and hence very rarely offered for sale at any price.

My price is $4,500 shipped to your door. I have plenty of references if necessary. Payment by wire transfer, money order or cashier’s check.

Feel free to contact me at darmatgre-1@yahoo.com with any questions.

Thanks.

(the first 2 scans are of the timepiece for sale – the latter 2 scans are advertisements)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE