The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia GMT c.1972.

I'm sadly having to let this one go......

This is the infamous Heuer Autavia GMT....a very sought after Autavia 11630 version from circa 1972, driven by the Cal. 14 movement.

Taken with kind permission from Stewarts blog, when i loaned him the watch for a few weeks.....

"The GMT’s are amongst the most sought after of the vintage Heuer’s, and it’s easy to see why. Unfortunately I don’t own this beautiful watch. It’s on loan from fellow Heuerist and OTD & TZ-UK regular James. Thanks again for letting me handle this wonderful Heuer. This particular model has two types of dial, both look identical at first glance, but if you study the two dial variation you’ll see subtle differences. This one is the rarer, having longer half hour markings on the left hand hour register. It also has more rounded minute numerals on the right hand 30 minute register. These markings are similar to it’s brother-in-law, the Calculator from the same period.

It can be seen below in the 1974 catalogue. It’s a wonderful watch to wear, the colours making a welcome change from the black and white dials so commonly seen nowadays."

This one is a beauty, the dial and handset are immaculate, very vibrant colours, something that is highly desirable. White sub dials with red accents....it really is a beautiful vintage. It comes with a new black nato but think it looks best on a vintage Tropic strap from the same era, 20mm lug width so plenty of strap options for the buyer.

Condition is immaculate for a vintage piece that will be 40 years old next year. The Cal 14 movement is spotlessly clean, all original with fluted pushers and heuer crown, bezel rotates perfectly and is keeping great time with all hands resetting to 12..unsure of the last service date but like i say keeping perfect time.

Again, Stewart has kindly let me use his pics he took, since then i have had two things done to the watch, one i bleached the insert slightly as i preferred the matt look and the other is the case has been to "The Master", Abel Court....The case has had the works done, sun-burst finish and polish, it looks brand-new.

I'm offering it up at £2600 or very nearest offer.

This includes RMSD within the UK, elsewhere at cost. Payment by PayPal Gift or +4%. UK preferred for insurance reasons.

I'm happy to answer any questions..its a stunner.

Thanks for looking and to Jeff for the facility.

James.

Insert as it is and case re-finish....god, my pics are poor! :D

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia GMT c.1972.
SOLD - Heuer Autavia GMT c.1972.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE