The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: FS: OLD Omega For Sale...

HOLY RESPONSES BATMAN :)

Wow I had no idea. I will say this - one of the first offers I got was very generous (over 1000.00) for a sight unseen watch. The individual was very honest about what I may have and his only reluctance to offer more was the lack of knowledge I can provide. I also had a very close offer to that and some advice to help educate me about the watch. I have several offers below that as well and a few people are being very supportive of what I might have or what it could be worth.

I have also been given a name in my area to an honest watch guy by one person. So being that the value is higher then I expected I think the prudent thing to do is bring it to him and let him get me the information by removing the back (serial number) and get a general appraisal of the condition for anyone serious.

Anybody that has responded already who has honestly help educate me, despite any offer you made, will have first consideration when I know more and ready to sell. I am not trying to get top dollar, so it will be a great deal for someone, but I dont want to leave too much money on the table at the same time.

After getting with the watch guy I can provide you his number after he has seen the watch. You guys then can discuss the details pertinent to the value.

What a class act of people you are here I have to say :) I will get on it asap and be back here to post. Any help or any questions you have will be greatly appreciated so send me an email if interested.

In terms of making a sale I think the best way would be to list on ebay at a very high price ( so that no one swoops in and buys it) and place a make offer tab to the auction. We could then prearrange the deal and I could coordinate with you to send an offer that I except. This we we are both protected and contracted by the terms of sale. I have a great ebay reputation already with 100 percent rating on over 100 trades. If you have an easier solution to a sale protecting both our interests let me know...I am kinda of a rookie selling valuble watches :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE