The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 980.023 1000m Heuer Diver with original box and papers

For sale is my fantastic full size Pro Heuer Diver in great condition having benefited from a guaranteed £96 service in 24/4/12, valid for a year from that date on presentation of the receipt, which will be included. It comes with it's original "Heuer Swiss 1860" box in excellent condition showing only very minor scuffs at all four corners on the base of the box - the rest of the box and the interior are near perfect. Also included is the original guarantee showing it was purchased in Kent, UK in 8/9/84, and original instructions. The hands and dial are perfect and the lume is showing a lovely aged pale green colour. The mineral crystal is unmarked. The bezel rotates freely and is showing the odd tiny pin prick mark which is hard to see on the wrist. The case is very presentable showing the odd very minor scratch and no large dings. I am not sure if the watch has been polished, but it most certainly was not polished on the aforementioned service - I have compared photo's from the OTD archive and I cannot ascertain if it has been polished or not. It comes with the original rubber diving strap which is obviously looking a bit tired but has not perished. I bought the high quality Rado bracelet from the US last month and was expecting an oyster style, but this turned up and after some minor filing to make sure it fitted the lugs ok, and I actually think it looks great and suits the watch. There are of course no end pieces and there is a gap between the watch and the bracelet but this never bothered me. There are several aftermarket and second hand options for these watches depending on your taste. For more info on bracelet options and the history of this uique watch see the excellent Heuerville blog (thanks Paul I hope you don't mind!) - http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/heuer-980-023-deep-dive-1000m3300ft). The service does not mention if it was pressure tested to 1000 metres so I would probably not take this watch diving! After wearing and enjoying the watch for the last month I have decided it's just too big for my (smallish) wrist, and have my eye on something else (ie. older) Heuer. All in all a great package of the only true Deep Sea 1000m Pro Quartz Dive watch that Heuer ever produced, and with the original box (we all know about soaring box prices!) and papers I am looking for offers around £750 with free signed postage through the reputable New Zealand Post. Thanks for looking and thanks to OTD.

Messages In This Thread

FS: 980.023 1000m Heuer Diver with original box and papers
SOLD thanks OTD *NM*
Re: OHPF thanks *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE