The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Omega ref. 165.024 Seamaster 300--ORIGINAL

Up for sale is this classic 1960s Omega Seamaster 300 in original period condition with absolutely Near Mint dial, matching Gladiator handset and original acrylic bezel insert. This is not a modern reconstruction using NOS parts as is so commonly found but a circa 1966 survivor in top order, a rare collector's piece. Overall, the watch itself is in Excellent vintage condition and the great cal. 552 movement is guaranteed for 6-months of normal, non-abusive use.

The asking price for this great Vintage Omega SM 300 is $2,850 USD which includes fully insured shipping FedEx worldwide. Payment by Bank Wire or Paypal eCheck preferred. Payment by standard Paypal instant transfer also OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

Click Here for Large Dial Scan>>> http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/tomvox1/SM300/SM300-2-Master.jpg

CASE & CASEBACK: Large 42 x 45mm twisted lug case in Excellent vintage condition, nice and thick with sharp bevels, with a couple of small nicks and scratches and a loss of the satin finish on the sides. Outer caseback is very sharp with all "High Pressure Waterproof" nomenclature and the Hippocampus & Omega symbol quite clear and only minor marks--Excellent cosmetic condition. Inner caseback has all correct Omega period hallmarks including the 165.024 reference number and is corrosion free. The caseback screws down tightly and smoothly.

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely Near Mint genuine Omega period correct "T SWISS MADE T" textured matte quarter-Arabics dial featuring a lovely creamy patina. I say Near Mint instead of Mint because after louping it very closely I believe that the luminous has been touched up professionally, as it appears slightly shiny, most probably to prevent deterioration of the Tritium lume beneath. All-correct matching Gladiator hands and white spear-tip sweep seconds have the same sort of appearance to the lume under powerful magnification, so also probably re-sealed at some point. But on the wrist all one can really see is a beautiful vintage SM 300 dial with perfectly sandy-colored lume and I had to really, really loupe it with a 14x magnifier to even tell that there had been any touch up work done. Simply put, a gorgeous original dial and hard to come by.

CROWN: Original Omega push-in Niad crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should. It shows some minor wear but is Excellent overall.

BEZEL: Original serrated bi-directional diver's elapsed time bezel is Excellent and the original Tritium-filled "big number" acrylic inlay is Very Good with some cracks and dings to the acrylic as can be seen in the photos. The ratchet-style bezel is surprisingly tight--these are usually very loose after so many years--and rotates freely in both directions with firm finger pressure, as designed.

CRYSTAL: A generic dome crystal in Excellent condition is currently mounted on the watch but I will also include an OEM Omega model-correct crystal in sealed packaged as part of the sale to the new owner.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Omega cal. 552 24-jewel automatic pink gilt-finish movement with swan neck regulator. The 24mil movement SN dates the watch to ca. 1966. While I do not know the service history of this movement, it is running accurately and with good power reserve and so I will still guarantee it for all normal non-abusive use for 6-months.

BRACELET: Modern-era 1171 "11" bracelet with "633" ends in Very Good condition with only minor scratches and minor stretch to a link or two. The signed Omega clasp has been bent wider to accommodate the long tail of the bracelet and is more scratched, so merely Good condition on the buckle itself. At full extension it should fit up to a 7 3/4"" wrist. This Omega has a 20mm lug width.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way shape or form.

This guaranteed authentic vintage Omega Seamaster 300 is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Omega ref. 165.024 Seamaster 300--ORIGINAL
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE