The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Montreal Black Cal. 12 Near Mint, Fully Serviced

It's a long story, but I have ended up with two of these, 'my' one is an all time keeper, but this one is for sale.

It's a Cal. 12 Heuer Montreal 110.503NC 'Stefan Bellof' from c1974/75

Dial is superb, there are a few tiny marks (no paint loss) on the sub-dials from past hand changes, but they are only visible in certain light, I tried to photo them in a close up, but couldn't get them to show up! Slight lume loss on the tiny 9 o'clock marker, but you can't notice it as that marker is so small.

Lume has a lovely pale creamy patina.

Case is superb, has been recently re-lapped by TAG Heuer Switzerland - including the sunburst on the reverse of the case, it is damn near perfect.

New crystal & gasket & crown.

Has just, last week come back from Heuer master Rich A where it has a proper full service, with 12 mth warranty from 10th Dec (Paperwork will be supplied).

Has a brand new, never worn German made BEAR, custom NSA style bracelet with spring loaded 'comfort clasp' (spring loaded sliding mechanism that adjusts slightly if your wrist swells). All links present & will fit a huge wrist.
(I say custom - it's a 24mm model, & I painstakingly sanded down the lug ends to 20mm, so it has the original 'cut-in' look - so this looks almost identical to the original Heuer Montreal 70's bracelets that go for £5-600+)

This is a big Heuer, 43mm case, and has impressive wrist presence.

Stefan Belloff link..
As with many Heuers, there is a motorsport connection to this wonderful Montreal model… One of the most talented racing drivers of the late 70s/early 80s, Stefan Bellof wore this model. He is famous, among many race wins, for setting the fastest lap ever on the Nordschleife configuration, at the Nürburgring, in a Porsche 956 in 1983. I believe his time of 6min 11secs still stands.

Any questions just fire away.

Looking for £2000 ono inc. RMSD.
(I may seek references if I don't know you)

Thanks
Stewart
Heuerville

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Montreal Black Cal. 12 Near Mint, Fully Serviced
On Hold. *NM*
SOLD Thanks Buyer and Chronotrader *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE