The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Sinn 756 tegimented steel chrono

There we go, selling another, as trying to shore up my finances.
My 2009 Sinn 756 aviation-clock style chrono is on the block, with its full package as comes from the maker.
This is a very peculiar watch and one of my very few V7750.
The is the perfect go-to watch that you can use for everything - in most situations where you wouldn't dare wear any other watch!

The list of cutting edge features the Sinn 756 has is impressive:
Tegimented stainless steel case: TS is a 1200HV-plus hard type with a special surface treatment, which makes the surface practically unscratchable. I've read stories of these
watches banged onto metal doors and then the door - not the watch! - appeared damaged!
It also sports a CuSo4 capsule meant to capture humidity and keep the watch inside completely dry - to which also the Argon filling contributes.
Finally, it has a soft-iron internal cage that makes this a truly antimagnetic watch, going as far as 100mT (milli tesla) or about 4 times as a standard watch.

So when we think of a real tool watch, I think any other is very hard to even come close to this.

Pls. find more information about these and other Sinn techonologies at www.sinn.de.

It comes with its own solid-end link bracelet with diver extension and all links included, with a long, secured clasp. This is probably the most comfortable steel bracelet I've ever worn.

40mm tegimented stainless case with open lugs.
Nickel-free case back.
Automatic Valjoux 7750 movement with almost 48 hrs of power reserve - last checked by Sinn in Frankfurt in April 2012, papers included. The "AK-47" of watch movements, as some have said.
Date window with quick-set - very unobtrusive at 4 o'clock and with a white-on-black date disc.
Waterproof to 20 atm (though not recently tested)
Sapphire flat anti-reflective crystal.

Cosmetic conditions
Very nice conditions overall.

Case: very good as one would expect for this extra-hard surface. A few hairlines and shiny on the caseback and a shiny area on the top of the case round the dial, where the

former owner has probably polished it.

Bracelet: very good condition, no stretch and a few desk dive lines just on the clasp and some shiny parts on the clasp inner parts.
Pushers and crown: perfect
Dial: perfect
Hands: perfect.
Glass: some very tiny lines can be seen with a loupe - hardly noticeable even so.

Keeping perfect time and chrono working flawlessly with all hands resetting to zero - I am quite fussy on this so it can be relied upon.

I would rate it as a conservative 93% on the TimeZone, mainly for the cosmetic elements and the 25% full anti-humidity capsule.
Pictures speak volumes about the conditions; many additional hi-res ones are available upon request.

Bought in mid 2011 from an American collector on WatchUSeek, and serviced at Sinn factory in 2012.
Coming with the full package of external cardboard box, internal faux-leather box with bracelet removing tool, instructions CD.

Asking 1350 EUR nett, plus shipping at cost to anywhere as the buyer will decide. The watch is located in Europe.
I am known here but references are available upon request.

Many thanks for looking.

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE