The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Diver Ref. 165024 - Serviced

Maker: Omega

Case: Stainless steel case with screw down case back marked 165024. Original, untouched condition. This has not been polished, and it looks like it! Perfect for the vintage purist who wants everything authentic and original. I'll leave it up to you whether you choose to polish the case, but you won't find me messing with the original contours and lines on this beautiful case design. The case back shows appropriate wear to the Sea Monster logo--you can be sure that this isn't a "new vintage" case back replacement.

Original bi-directional bakelite bezel as pictured. Note the aging, fading, and honest wear--gives a real warmth to this classic.

Crown: Original large signed Omega NAIAD crown that uses rubber seals instead of a screw down threaded crown and tube

Dial: Original, factory finished black Omega dial with some beautiful patina on the luminous markers and hands. The lume material has a very very faint glow if you observe it in a pitch dark room. Appropriately signed "T SWISS MADE T" at 6 O'Clock.
I'll draw your attention to a few minor imperfections: a 'ping' at the 8 O'Clock position and tiny blemish at the 9 O'Clock position. These blemishes are are quite minor and are only noticeable when you observe the dial from a certain angle in good light. They're not visible in the pictures, so you can see even with professional, studio-grade photographic strobe lights, the blemishes don't stand out.

Crystal: Original Omega armored Hesalite crystal with floating Omega logo visible in center. Note that I have polished the acrylic since the pictures were taken so that scratches in the crystal don't detract from the famous legibility of this dial design.

Movement: This watch features the correct calibre 552 24 jewel automatic movement. According to the original owner who purchased the watch new in the 1960s, the watch was serviced one time in 1972, and had not been opened up or touched since then. My master watchmaker has performed a full inspection and servicing on this watch--it's just back last month. The watch was completely disassembled, the appropriate parts were cleaned in the ultrasonic and then oiled using the finest quality Swiss Moebius oils. It was regulated and is keeping good time. Upon reassembly, a new caseback gasket was installed and lubricated, though as a vintage piece I did not have it tested for waterproofing; I do not recommend submerging any vintage watch, but if you plan to use this as a dive watch, please have it fully pressure tested. The watch has all of its original parts dating back to at least 1972 if not totally original, factory parts dating back to the 1960s.

Dimensions: 40 mm x 45 mm without crown

Band: Pictured on a generic black leather strap, that was installed for the purposes of a professional photo shoot. This watch was recently selected as a representative example of this reference and is to be featured in a forthcoming collector's publication and guide. Since the pictures were taken, I've installed a beautiful brown, genuine alligator strap that it will ship with unless you request differently; I'll try to photograph it with the new strap.

Shipping: Domestic shipping via FedEx air, fully insured with ParcelPro $35. International orders, will ship via Fedex International for $85.

Price: $2900 net to me. Paypal is fine if you pay fee, can also accept merchant credit cards through my site (again you pay fee, which is slightly better than paypal) Also happy to accept wire, or bank check.

References: Many eBay sales and sales from my website to my credit; can also provide outside references. No sales on this forum yet though.

Contact: byrondubow@nospam.gmail.com Please just remove "nospam."

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE