The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Beautiful Heuer Silverstone Fume Dial from 1975

Heres one i recently picked up from the SC, from Tony "Learningtofly". It was bought to join my growing collection of Heuer chronos, however needs must at the moment, and although i do very much like it, it just doesn't get the wrist time it deserves.

His ad says it all, and his pictures say even more! truth be told i'm amazed a watch brand hasn't approached Tony to start taking pictures of their watches, but then there are quite a few photographers on the forum who are massively talented.

Here is Tonys' listing (hope you don't mind Tony, let me know if you do):

[url]http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?261852-Sold-Stunning-Heuer-Fume-Silverstone-from-circa-1975&highlight=heuer+silverstone[/url]

The watch is in much the same condition as when purchased from Tony, the only exception is the strap which now has been used, where as it had never been used when Tony was selling it, he described it as follows:

"This a an outstanding Fume Silverstone from circa 1975 (not the most expensive of variants but my favourite by a long way), which I bought a few months ago from the one and only Abel Court. Abel serviced the watch prior to sale and it's in absolutely fantastic condition with a simply beautiful patina to the dial and hands - both of which are just about perfect, in fact. The watch is virtually unmarked save for a tiny dink to the case edge around the 6 o'clock position. I've taken a photograph to emphasise it as best as I can for the purposes of full disclosure but it really is small, is pretty hard to see on the wrist and would polish out with ease. To compensate for that I'm going to throw in the beautiful hand made custom rally strap that I acquired from Giuliano in Italy at some cost, in addition to the Corfam replica that Abel supplied with the watch."

Truth be told its in far too nice a condition for me to own it, I usually wear my watches to death, where as this one is such a nice condition example that i always felt a bit scared to wear it, as i knew if i did that it would get dents and scratches and all sorts.

Looking for funds more than other watches, however a nice sports Rolex, IWC or Omega would be a nice trade option. :D

Asking £3350 cash or £3450 trade.

Here are a few quick pics from my camera lens, if you want to see the watch in all its glory i would advise clicking onto the original sales link above:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE