The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Very rare SINN 140 B - 1970s - full service - mint condition

Very rare opportunity to get a german speciality of the house of Helmut SINN.

Because of a new incoming project I want to sell my SINN 140 B out of the 1970s (~1972) with the specific movement Lemania 1341.

As you can see, it is in a perfect condition, because it got a full service (movement and case) by the SINN Spezialuhren GmbH in Frankfurt/Main in May 2013 (new crystal, new pushers and crowns, new gaskets, wonderful sunburst case and new, unworn and perfectly matching Sinn Chronissimo leatherstrap). Please notice that the inner bezel, the dial, the Tritium luminous and the hands with Tritium luminous are all original.

The rotor is signed “Alpina”. A request at Helmut Sinn revealed that the 1970s and 1980s seemed to be a bit crazy and it was very probably that this rotor was delivered to SINN by the Lemania S.A. like this and was original obstructed into my 140 B. It can also be that it was changed by another watchmaker at a former service. Nobody knows exactly.
Lemania S.A. themselves delivered the movement 1341 except to SINN also to Omega (e.g. Speedmaster Mark IV or different Seamasters), Tissot (Navigator), Alpina (Competition Sea Strong) and others.

After the service I didn't wear the watch any more, just for taking pictures.

And now the technical specifics:

• Sinn 140 B
• perfect steel case with wonderful sunburst (B)
• ~ 44 mm case
• automatic self-winding movement Lemania 1341
• rotor signed Alpina
• adjustable inner bezel via crown at 10h
• stopp-second out of the center
• mineral crystal
• original inner bezel, dial, luminous and hands
• production year ~1972 (casenumber xxxx-72
• new and unworn Sinn Chronissimo leatherstrap
• full service by SINN Ffm with warranty until May 2014

A very interesting fact is that the Sinn Spezialuhren GmbH will launch the 140 ST this year. It will be a new heritage model referring to the 140 B, with the movement Sinn SZ01 (based on the VJ 7750):

http://www.sinn.de/de/Modell/140_St.htm

But nothing is better than the original!

For this very rare beauty in this perfect condition I ask 2.450 € - shipping and customs not included.

Reasonable offers are also welcome. A trade against a Heuer Audi Chronograph like this

http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/heuer-audi-sport-510-533-lemania-5100

or an Orfina PD chrono PVD (black!) like this

http://modernvintageclassicwatches.com/product/chronographs/orfina-porsche-design-chronograph-pvd-circa-1980

in a similar condition (full service) to my 140 B is conceivable. Please only offer these two chronos, nothing else.

Payments via paypal (fees included) or bank transfer to Germany (please ask me for references here in CTF!)

For questions and more pictures please contact me via email (without NOSPAM)

Thanks for interest and best regards

Marcus

Messages In This Thread

FSOT: Very rare SINN 140 B - 1970s - full service - mint condition
sold - very rare SINN 140 B - 1970s - sold
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE