The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Red Heuer Silverstone / Spectacular Condition

For Sale – Vintage Heuer Silverstone, in Red (Bordeaux). Condition is absolutely amazing (near mint); running very well; extras include original strap (plus an after-market one for day-to-day wear) and sapphire crystal. I haven't been wearing it often, so we'll let it go to a new home.

• Dial on this Silverstone appears perfect to my eye; strong color with no visible flaws
  • Inner bezel also seems to be perfect, with 12 lume markers beautifully aged and in place; hash marks also look perfect.
  • Case looks fantastic; only the very lightest, smallest scratches, from occasional wear
  • Hands are amazing; lume in the hands is original, and a perfect match for the markers.
  • Chronograph functions (start / stop / reset) are quick and crisp; the watch is running well (gaining five to eight seconds per day); I have not inspected the movement, but it was serviced immediately before I purchased it, and it feels right
  • One special feature of this watch is that it has been fitted with a new sapphire crystal; unlike the original mineral crystal, this sapphire crystal will not get scratched, so you can relax while you wear this watch . . . no annoying scratches coming your way. [This crystal came courtesy of Nakai Watch; read all about these crystals, HERE.]
  • Another special feature of this Silverstone is the straps; purchaser will receive an original Heuer strap that accompanied the red Silverstone, with the original Heuer buckle (probably worn fewer than five times); also included is the strap currently on the watch (an after-market strap, branded “Rodania”)
  • Price is $7,500, plus shipping and insurance (required).
  • Payment by bank wire or check; no PayPal

If you are looking for the very best Red Silverstone, I believe that this is the one for you.

E-mail with any questions. Some additional photos HERE, all starting with the number “5”.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE