The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Zenith el primero 788 (pic) *PIC*

For Sale is my Zenith El Primero, A788.
Only 1400 of these were produced between 1971-72, making it one of the rarer vintage el Primero's.
The hidden lugs are 20 mm, convenient for a leather strap or bracelet.
The snap-on back makes this together with the A386 the slimmest of the steel El Primero's: the case is only 9 mm thick.

I am not sure of the service history, because I haven't opened the case back. But the watch and all functions run as they should. With the characteristic smooth sweep of the 36k vph movement inside and resets perfectly to zero.

The watch is very clean with just two minor dings on the side of the case from normal wear. But over all I would say the watch is near mint.

Like most of my watches, this has been kept with great love but now must make way for another primero I have acquired.

My asking price is $3000 or offers close to that, low ballers won't be considered. Shipping is via fed ex or DHL express. If you would like insurance, then that would be extra at a cost to the buyer. And value will then be disclosed at the amount asked by the buyer. All customs charges are the buyers responsibility.

I accept bank wire transfer or paypal +4%. Please feel free to email me for images. I couldn't get the case back off, and don't want to risk scratching the case

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Zenith el primero 788 (pic) *PIC*
On Hold Pending Funds *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE