The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

ATT : FRAUD/SCAMMER ? Where are you JUSTIN B ?

Hi all,
after my comments below yesterday night, I got an e-mail from - karin.wisner@yahoo.fr and signed Karine (note it's not same e-mail adress from the post), informing me that this watch is a very rare vintage and that I should look at Jim Clark story !

Informed one was sold at €9.500 and that he is open I can make an offer.

Regretted but couldn't post other pictures here on CT but can send me more.

This morning by mid-day as I have not even replied, I got another e-mail insisting IF I am interested and best price was €6.800 (?) - first generation, all original except crown and ...again - "can't post more pictures on CT don't know why" !!!

After some time another e-mail informing he got a best offer of €5.800 so if i was interested to cover it !!!

Well decided to reply and check what I will get from this guy - asked for tagged pictures and location.

Sent me 3 pictures (not tagged of course) !!!

Asked if I got the pictures and I confirmed but told him they were not tagged and he replied he was not understanding what I want !!!

So I e-mailed him again and sent him an example picture with a piece of paper and hand written my name and date.

After two hours replied -" I am not in my office. See you tomorrow. BUT must think not prepared to sell out of France" (after he had e-mailed saying could send around the World)."

I replied him - I think you are trying to scam me !?!?!

Got this reply : "sorry if you have not received my pictures seriously I don t steak with me nicely And seriously, I don t like your reaction ... "

So I told him my sister-in-law lives near Paris and can met him to pay cash and collect the watch once I can't be confident on him !

I insisted and told him I will tell the story here !

He replied he was in a restaurant with a friend and that doesn't want to talk more with me because I have been too agressive as I do not trust him and so he prefer stop conversation...

He added he prefer to sell in France near him and show the watch in reality.

Here the whole story...up to you the conclusions about it and people who think these Enicar's are now Rolex Paul Newman...at least some people think so :/

I really think it's a new year and some new simple rules must be added as we are having too much scammers around here.

Maybe it's time posts MUST have tagged pictures !

No pictures ?

Not allowd to post...as many people have "great difficult" to add the pictures here on CT latelly...real difficult

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE