The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rolex 5513 meters first circa 1967, head only

Looking to sell, head only, this Rolex 5513 meters first circa 1967, serial 1703xxx. I got it 2 months ago from Hodinkee Shop.

I am selling the watch head only, but will include the mark 3 fat font bezel as seen in my own pictures, which I sourced from VRM. The watch when I bought it came with a replacement service bezel, which I will also include in the sale. The watch is in the exact same condition I got it in, and running perfectly and keeping very good time.

The watch was purchased at $8200USD, but I will let it go at $10500SGD (local) or $8000USD shipped anywhere, insured, after cleared payment has been received. Either by PayPal gift or bank wire transfer (fees to be paid by the seller). Nothing wrong with the watch, but I'm moving on to something else. I've judged the price as is, because while I am not including the bracelet it came with, I only recently got the bezel from VRM, which you would know very well, is now worth an arm and a leg. But let me know what you feel is a reasonable offer if mine is not.

Maker: Rolex
Model: Submariner
Reference: 5513
Year: Circa 1967
Case No: 1703xxx
Material: Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 40 mm diameter; 13 mm thickness
Sapphire Crystal: No
Lume: Yes, tritium
Caliber: Automatic winding, caliber 1520
Head only
Lug Width: 20 mm
Box/Papers: No

The main thing to note about this watch is the desirable meters first dial, which does not have any visible imperfections. The patina to the indexes and hands is a beautiful, consistent vanilla color, with a slightly darker coloring only at the 12 o'clock index. The 40 mm case shows signs of polishing; the lugs are slightly thinner than normal, and the top of the lugs are missing the brushed effect. The bezel was recently replaced, which unfortunately happens often when a watch is serviced by Rolex. Additionally, the watch comes with a later model, but very tight, Oyster bracelet (reference 78360). In short, this is an honest 50-year-old Sub – the type that becomes increasingly hard to find.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Rolex 5513 meters first circa 1967, head only
Re: FS: Rolex 5513 meters first circa 1967, head only
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE