The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Update: Warning/Headsup - Jason Jindra

Okay, I've since my purchase from this man read a few warnings over the web, but here comes another.

Starting in May, I purchased a vintage Eterna Majetek watch from a user with the usernamn Bohunkvintagewatch through an ad on the Swedish watch community www.klocksnack.se. I have later found that this guy calls himself Jindra here on CT and other forums.

As soon as I showed interest the seller was very keen on selling and wanted me to go to Ebid and buy it from there. Yes, I know - all the warning bells are ringing but I found no reason not to trust him back then and I am pretty new to vintage watch-hunting online. The 6th of May 950 USD left my bank account through bank transfer but I never got, and still haven't got, a confirmation that he got the money. However, as soon as the money left my account his communication changed completely. The replies were scarcer and he constantly came with excuses for why he hadn't sent the watch yet. Eventually I got an answer, the 3rd of June, saying:

"Good morning, sorry for my late response, my real job has kept me bogged down and overworked, right now I'm in Brussels having to do some new training. I've been sending you messages over ebid but apparently the account is cancelled and you are not getting the messages. I wrote last week that my watch guy said he needs to replace one part that has to do with the winding mechanism. He is looking for it now, I'm looking too. If we don't find it within the next 10 days I will be sending you your money back. I'm also looking for another good example of this eterna that I can send you. I wrote this too last week over ebid. I'm very sorry for all this but I want to deliver a good watch. The guy I picked this one up from screwed me on it bad. I found another great example but the guy wants 1,200 euros for it. I've been trying to get that one but I think he knows that I really need it so he is not budging from his price. Hang in there man I'm working on it. Sorry for all this mess but If i had sent it you would have been very unhappy, it would not wind right. Kind Regards, J"

On this I answered and asked him to send my money back directly instead, and since then I haven't heard a word from him. Now, I have full understanding for the fact that complications can occur when dealing with vintage watches - but that does not excuse going under ground when the buyer, upon recieving the information above, asks for his money back. I do not know what has happened and I really hope that this all is nothing but a misunderstanding, but I thought that I'd share my experience so that others dont have to go through the same. I just really want my money back or the watch that I paid for.

I am not very familiar with the rules of this forum, but I have seen that Jindra has a lot of ads out - maybe there is a point in letting warnings be pinned at top of page for more people to see?

The email that I contacted him through was bohunkvintagewatch@gmail.com

Take care,
Jacob

Messages In This Thread

Update: Warning/Headsup - Jason Jindra
Re: Update: Warning/Headsup - Jason Jindra
Thanks for heads up!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE