The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Very nice 1960's Wakmann Triple-Date *PIC*

For sale is a lovely 1960's Wakmann triple-date 37mm. The watch runs great and all functions operate as designed. Please note, the watch was serviced in January of 2014 by the wizard in Oregon! (Craig at Chronodeco) Two of the pics are from his work bench. The following is the service items:
Clean, Oil and Adjust
New MS
Tighten cannon pinion
New crown
New stem

Note, the crown was replaced. The crown is not original but he did his best to find a similar part.

Please review the pictures carefully as I am attempting to present the watch in its actual condition with no lighting tricks etc.

The dial is spectacular. It definitely sets this particular piece apart from other Wakmanns on the market. There are no scratches, blemishes etc. whatsover. Even the subdials are in pristine condition.

The case is very strong. I am not the original owner and since it is nearly impossible to tell these days, I will not say the case is unpolished. Please contact me for any additional pictures, if needed, so you may form your own opinion.

Hands are original and correct.

As you can see, the caseback is in very good condition. There is a slight scratch above where it reads "pressure tested" but I couldn't get it to show in the photo. I assume it was from someone attempting to open the caseback. It is slight but should be noted.

Movement is the Valjoux R730

Contact me if you desire a picture(s) from other angles, etc. I have purchased and sold a few pieces via Chronotrader so am happy to provide references. Additional pics can be seen on my IG feed @watches4william. Feel free to contact me via that medium as well. I am not a watch dealer but a fellow watch nerd.

I am looking for $2,800 USD plus shipping with payment via bank wire and will consider Paypal for the right buyer. Will also ship internationally with the extra cost borne by the buyer.

Jeff, thank you very much for the space!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE