The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1962 Olma Time-Signal Sea-Cup cal. Chezard 7400 Dead Seconds

*HIGH RES PICTURES CAN BE SENT THROUGH EMAIL*

Very exceptional and rare caliber Chezard 7400 'Dead Seconds’ watch. This rare complication is also know as ‘Jumping Seconds’ or ‘Seconde Morte’. This Olma is all original and untouched. Really nice combination of the movement with special complication and an EPSA compressor waterproof case. The conditions of this watch is exceptional. The gold-plated case is showing very little wear, and the dial is as good as perfect.

Glass, caseback and crown
Gold-plated EPSA compressor case with stainless steel caseback. Very little wear to the gold plating. Intense, vibrant gold color, and only some very light scratches. The crown is the original ' crosshatched ' compressor one. Glass is new. Case measures approximately 35 mm without crown.

Hands and dial
The dial is in excellent condition. No damages, and sharp, clear text. Beautiful gold-coloured indices and lumedots intact. The dauphine hands, in the same goldshade as the indices, are in nice original condition, including the original lume.

Caliber and service
The 'Dead Seconds’ manual caliber Chezard 7400 is working exactly as it should. The watch has just returned from a full service, where the movement was completely taken apart and new oil was applied. The movement is squeaky clean and runs very well. I measured approximately 20 seconds deviation on 24h.

Strap/Bracelet
The watch comes head-only. Lug distance is 18mm. The ostrich from the photos is from my private collection and is therefore not included.

Specifications
• Condition: exceptional vintage condition with some light little signs of time;
• Movement: 'Dead Seconds' cal. Chezard 7400;
• Cabinet: gold-plated EPSA compressor case;
• Dimensions: approximately 35 mm excluding crown;
• Strap/bracelet: head-only;
• Service: just back from service, movement runs very well, photos of service included in the sale.

Price and practical arrangements
I ask 699 EUR all-in (so insured registered shipping included). No exchange proposals. I've got a lot of feedback here and on ebay. I also have good deals on the Dutch watch forum and on the Seiko and Citizen forum, feel free to ask me for further specification. I live in Belgium. Shipping is no problem. All shipments are very securely packed. Local pick up is of course always possible.

Messages In This Thread

FS: 1962 Olma Time-Signal Sea-Cup cal. Chezard 7400 Dead Seconds
Re: FS: 1962 Olma Time-Signal Sea-Cup cal. Chezard 7400 Dead
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE