|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
I'm selling my Polerouter in order to make some room for an other watch which is incoming. I'm not wearing it enough. This classic designed by Gerald Genta deserves a lot of wrist time.
This is quite an honest Polerouter, one you don't come across very often. I searched for long to find a Polerlouter Date to my likings. It had to be all original (80% of the Polerouters out there have a replaced crown or glass), and in good shape, with a nice dial, preferably slightly patinated. This one just hit the sweet spot when it turned up.
So, what are it's spec's (in case you don't know already):
1. Brand + model: Universal Genève Polerouter Date
2. Movement: Universal Genève Microrotor automatic. Runs great and keeps time. Date switches nicely. Service history unknown.
3. Condition: decent to good. It is an honest watch, you can see it has been worn well by its previous owner. Nothing too big or something, but it's not mint either. The lower right lug has a small dent. The dial is in great shape, with a nice and subtle patina. The hands are in decent shape, also patinated but still look nice. They match the overall look of the watch. The watch is unpolished!
4. Originality: the watch is fully original. That means the glass is signed with the UG logo (just like Omega does), the crown is signed and the caseback has its engravings(although they aren't very readable anymore, a common issue with Polerouters).
5. Age: it's somewhere from the sixties, I'm not sure about its exact age.
6. Price: 1250 usd or an decent offer. (I like trades too!).
7. Shipping: I'm located in the Netherlands and will ship worldwide.
If you have any questions, so not hesitate to ask. For more pictures, please send me a dm.
Email me for offers or more information and pictures: j.de.jongh (at) hotmail (dot) com