|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
For sale is this 100% ORIGINAL and UNTOUCHED SEIKO 6139-6000 SpeedTimer 5 Sports CHRONOGRAPH from April 1969, with box.
Notched case, 2pc second hand. Even the crystal is the original one with metal outside ring from 1969 (later they used a different crystal)!
This is Seiko's first ever automatic chronographs (1st few batches) produced in history.
Caseback shows it was manufactured in April 1969. These models were only sold in Japan,
before the 6139-6002 "Pogue" arrived on the world scene.
The condition is very good. It works as it should and the chronograph resets perfectly.
Case is unpolished retaining all the sharp edges (often you will find these edges softened by a case polish).
Of course some scratches and minor nicks but nothing disturbing.
The case-back has all the correct engravings ( also waterproof ) visible on the back.
Mechanically the watch is working 100% perfect.
Keeping very good time, good power reserve, chrono working and resetting as it should.
The watch starts running from the moment you pick it up.
Also included in this sale is the Seiko box in very good condition.
I am pricing this early dial 6139-6000 "William R. Pogue" really sharp.
We all know that prices on these fantastic vintage Seiko's have gone up a lot in the past year.
This is a nice opportunity to own one.
Price: 1165 euros ( including shipping in the EU and overseas )
• MODEL - 6139-6000 SEIKO 5 SPORTS SpeedTimer
• CASEBACK - solid “horsehoe” caseback signed SEIKO and has SUWA symbol, reads "STAINLESS STEEL 6139-6000 WATER PROOF JAPAN J" with serial 948004 which according to SEIKO production calendar, dates the watch to April 1969, which makes this one of the earliest 6139's out of the factory
• MOVEMENT - signed SEIKO cal. 6139A 21 jewels movement, chronograph function working perfect
• DIAL - all original dark blue -6000T dial signed "SEIKO SpeedTimer" and reads "5 SPORTS WATER 70 PROOF" with day + date at 3 o'clock position, raised hour markers
• HANDS - original hands, original 2 piece seconds chrono hand
• CASE - measures roughly 41.4mm across with crown by 46.75mm lug to lug, has notch above crown, shows signs of wear (see pics), appears to never have been polished due to the sharp edges
• BEZEL - original inner rotating bezel that works, outer bezel with some signs of wear, but on the fotos looks more dramatic as in nature.
• CRYSTAL – still the original crystal with minor marks. Only the early 69' Proof models have a crystal with a metal outside ring.
• CROWN - original dimple crown that sets time + date+day mechanism works perfect, rotates inner bezel smoothly, pushers are working good
• BRACELET - used band but in good condition
• OVERALL - a excellent example of a 1969 6139-6000 JDM SpeedTimer