The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1994 IWC ref.3805 steel JLC cal.633 chronograph alarm

For private sale is my IWC Ingenieur ref. 3805-001 Chrono Alarm wristwatch, mint full set.

The design shows the DNA continuation of one of Gerald Genta’s great 1970s trilogies – in this case the 1976 Ingenieur SL (the other two of course being the 1972 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, and the the 1976 Patek Philippe Nautilus). The visual clues lie in the 5 screws on the bezel, and the beautiful brush-finished integrated bracelet – Genta’s style here instantly recognizable.

I bought this particular watch in August 2017 from a dealer in Germany who listed it as “NOS” (new old stock). I have since worn it possibly one dozen times, under a shirt cuff, and it is therefore still very crisp and clean. I am offering it – conservatively – as Mint – but it is really in collector grade condition. It would be difficult to find one more pristine still than this.

The Tritium lume on the matte black dial has turned a rich custard yellow.

All the functions are working well at the time of writing this.

The watch comes with its outer box and sleeve, its inner box (which shows just a little deterioration), hang tag, papers, including the original sale and guarantee card dated May 1994.

The watch is 34mm across the head, excluding the crown, and is just 9mm thick. My wrist is 185mm and the bracelet wears a little loose.

Subjectively I would say this piece wears a little larger in appearance than its 34mm number – because of the layout of the pushers (not included in the 34mm dimension), because of the thinness of the watch, and because of the design of the bracelet.

The movement is a Jaeger-leCoultre caliber 633 Mecaquartz – a very high end movement in its day. The base movement is quartz, running at 1hz, while a step-motor powers a mechanical chronograph at 4hz.

This was a very high end watch, selling between 1990 and 1996. In the US market the list price was $4995. You feel that quality in the high level finishing of the watch, the feel of the crown(s) and pushers.

I am a watch enthusiast (I’ve bought and sold a few pieces here and can provide references), and make it a rule that watches in means watches out, so this piece needs to make room, and find a new wrist to be enjoyed on.

I am based in Hong Kong and can trade face to face. I also travel quite often. I can also arrange insured FedEx shipment at cost.

Thanks for looking, and if you want additional photographs or information, please let me know. I am asking US$2995, which saves you 10% on what I paid for it.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE