The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 100% ORIGINAL /UNTOUCHED HEUER AUTAVIA 73363 "SIFFERT STYLE"

Hi guys,
I decided to sell one of my best Heuer watches. It's this Heuer Autavia 73363 "SIFFERT" design.
Describing the watch is pretty easy. It's 100% original ( meaning it has all the original parts it had when it was new ) and it's completely untouched;
( meaning the case has never been polished and the dial and hands still have all the original tritium )
It's always risky to say a watch is completely original and untouched. This is based on my personal experience with Heuer Autavia watches from the seventies.
I also included a picture under UV light. Under UV the hands and hour indices glow as you can see. When I take the UV away the glowing fades away after only a couple of seconds.
( picture nr. 6 )

The case is as I said unpolished. It's still surprisingly good with the sunburst effect in the upper case completely intact.
Of course it has some very superficial scratches mainly around the lugs from strap changes. No major dents in the case.
The polished sides are almost perfect and the 45 degrees chamfers are super sharp and symmetric.
Crown, pushers and case-back are in very good condition.
MH bezel is one of the cooler ones I have had. It has a nice faded gunmetal grey shiny color. Not too faded but just perfect in my opinion.

The dial, and this is pretty rare for a Siffert dial, is absolutely perfect. I couldn't find any stains or scratches. Not even under a magnifying glass.
Even so important is that the color is still super white. This might be personal but for me a quality Siffert dial has to be white. An eggshell color can be nice but nothing can beat a white dial like this one.
Dial and hands still have all the original tritium. So no relume, no touching up. The minute hand has a little crack in the lume but the lume has been stabilized by my watchmaker.
Maybe best of all is this amazing creamy color of the lume. It's just a great contrast with the white dial. Another personal thing is that I don't like white lume on a vintage watch.
All the blue accents on the dial are still super bright and sharp. Nothing has been corrected with blue paint like you often see on Sifferts.
So super white dial with creamy lume and strong blue colors. It's the perfect combination.

Original plexi. It's the plexi that sits even with the top of the bezel insert. So different from an 1163 plexi.

Mechanically the watch is working perfect. It has been completely serviced by my watchmaker.
Chrono working and resetting perfect as well. Al the gaskets are new. No sticky pusher effect.
I give a 12 month guarantee on the movement.

Model: Heuer Autavia 73363
Serial number: 214xxx
Movement: Valjoux 7733

I am pricing the watch pretty high but still fair in my opinion. Let's not forget that these manual Siffert design Autavia's are pretty rare watches.
They are undervalued in my opinion. We will understand that in a couple of years. Well that is what I expect.
Anyway, I believe that this watch is as honest as a watch can be. It's possible you'll find a cheaper one but it will be not as good as this one.
If it doesn't sell it stays with me. If it does sell the buyer will get a fabulous watch with zero issues. Nothing needs to be corrected. He just has to enjoy it.
No need to send me emails telling me the watch is too expensive. I think I know the seventies Autavia's well enough. If you don't like my price you can try making me an offer. You never know.

Price: 8500 euros ( fully insured shipping and that handmade leather strap from the pictures included )

Payment: Bank transfer or PP ( +4% )

( I give a full refund in case of any problem )

Best regards,
Bernard

Messages In This Thread

FS: 100% ORIGINAL /UNTOUCHED HEUER AUTAVIA 73363 "SIFFERT STYLE"
Sold and going to a good new home *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE