The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

there are groups that do this and it works

Hello
Just to let you know I only buy on ebay and do not sell . I have a very good friend who is the opposite and has had auctions closed and has been harassed by people who do not know what they are talking about . He sold and tried to sell again a watch that was not a Cartier but was styled after one and said in his auction that it looked like a cartier but said it was not a Cartier! Anywhere! . Cartier told ebay to close the auction and they did . Ebay said that Cartier would suply a reason for the end of the auction but never did .
My friend also sold a vintage Omega and got several emails all of them claiming to to source a web site to say the watch was fake and all of them with conflicting ideas as to what was real and what was not ( bezel was real, back was not or Back was real, bezel was not etc...) . In the end Omega said it had made a typo on it's web site (speedmaster / seamaster )and the watch was as described but the seller backed out .
We can be great watch lovers but we must be very carful what we say as well as what we buy !
Cheers

Messages In This Thread

Ebay and my experiences at work....
Re: Ebay and my experiences at work....
there are groups that do this and it works
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE