The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This 2456 Was an Unfortunate Choice
In Response To: Nice, but the 2456? ()

I saw this Carrera, Ref 2456 (in 18 karat gold) when I visited the archives, in January 2013. The dial appears to have been refinished, and I believe that it has fluted pushers (which would clearly be replacements). The giveaway for the refinished dial is the messy logo, with all the geometry on the "Heuer" being incorrect.

It is unfortunate that Watchonista selected this sample to display so prominently, but I suspect that if we bring it to their attention, they will use a better sample, going forward.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Thanks for the link, I look forward to looking through these
: websites.
: But one quick comment, the dial of the 2456 on the watchonista site
: looks a bit strange? Anyone else think it is a redial? (sorry to
: be a moaner, but I had to mention it...)

Messages In This Thread

50 Years of Carrera: Three Webzines / Webpages
Nice, but the 2456?
This 2456 Was an Unfortunate Choice
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE