The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Ultimate Carrera of the 1960s ????

The Dato 12 Carrera is certainly the most complicated of the 1960's Carrera's so if that translates as the ultimate then I guess it is. Its a great watch and the contrasting dial (S/N and N/S) certainly lift it to even greater heights. However, had it come in the true Carrera case then maybe it world be the ultimate Carrera for me too. The 1960's Carrera is about case and dial. Movements were not unique but the two main aesthetics work in such harmony that to my eye, this is the ultimate watch.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

photo 1Carrera2447SFF_zpsedefc362.jpg

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE