The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Greed in the Heuer market place.

Last Thursday I won an Ebay auction for a NOS Autavia bezel at 357 euro, which I paid on Friday. Today I sent the seller ( a well known European OTD member behind an obscure alias) a short note thru ebay asking him about shipment and tracking.
He replied "I dont want the hassle" i'll cancel the sale. A few minutes later I received the ebay cancellation request in which he claimed the (NOS!) bezel to be "broken/fehlerhaft".
I refused his cancellation request, but he persisted. Money is now back in my paypal account.

What is strange that 1 week earlier he listed 2 of the same bezels for €550. He refused my "best buy" offer for the two items at a price well above the €357 for which I won the auction on thursday.

I've been absent from the site and the market for 2 years, but is this today's Heuer world?

Jurgen Volkerink
Amsterdam, Holland

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE