The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: So What is "Fair Market Value" for IDF Autavia?

So my good friend, who shall remain nameless, was the consignor of the Phillips one - a few months earlier, he acquired the watch from an acquaintance of his that wanted like a $5-6k watch of his. He had no idea what the value was and when he texted me pics, I told him it was an $8-10k watch max. He was talked into consigning the piece and boy is he glad he did. To say his watch collection expanded quite a bit after that is an understatement!!! I think everyone was shocked at the results - but gotta remember it takes two to get the price up to stupid figures - and in the case of some watches, like the steel 1518, you need 7.

At any rate, I'd like it initially on EBay with a lofty reserve or BIN and see who comes knocking.

BZ

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE