The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lots of "Filler" in These Auctions
In Response To: Interesting ()

My sense is that these auction houses sometimes want to list 300 watches or maybe 600 watches, so we see a lot of filler.

I am always puzzled when we see the absolutely common vintage watches, in ordinary condition . . . exactly as we would see listed on eBay every day . . . and there they are, in the catalogs, with all the fees and commissions, for no apparent purpose. We see some of these watches, go unsold in one auction, and re-listed in the next one and the next one.

But it allows the auction house to say that they are selling 600 watches. I suppose that it is also easier for certain types of sellers, who do not have other good channels to sell their used watches.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: To see that the first re-edition Carreras w/ the Lemania 1873 have
: “graduated” to make the cut with real vintage Heuers.
: I’ve always had a soft spot for these as the white dialled one
: was my entry in the Heuer world, and they are fantastic watches
: - real “future classics”.
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE