The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera misaligned tension ring

:I like it even better than the
: 2447, even tho that's considered the flagship. Does anyone know
: which model/version Jack Heuer prefered?

Hi David, I've had the immense pleasure of meeting Mr. Heuer twice - he's an absolute gentleman, even if he were not the living legend he is for the watchmaking industry and TH in specific -which of course he is!
While you can find pictures of him on the net wearing various TH pieces - also modern - he has stated more than once his own preferred piece is the automatic gold Carrera ref. 1158 - the one with the famous Cal.12 inside for the creation of which he was pivotal. I think it makes sense. On the other hand, I can't remember which variant of that watch he dons: maybe someone else of the old guard can support here?

When I met him first I had a re-edition 1964 Carrera on my wrist, the Lemania-powered one with white dial and decimal division on the outer ring (ref. CS3110).
He took the time to tell me that when the original of that watch (the V72-powered 2447) was released in the early '60s that specific variant with the deci subdivision was somehow controversial for its association with the motion-time-measurements, taylorism, scientific management etc.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE