The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Your first Heuer.
In Response To: Your first Heuer. ()

Hi Amar, I actually had two "firsts": the real first one was a re-edition, the white-dialled Carrera with the Lemania 1861 (ref. CS3110) and so the real vintage first was a black PVD ref. 510.501 with the Lemania 5100 a few years later. Many other watches have come and gone, but these have stayed - actually the 510.501 did go but I missed it so much I had to get another one "back home" ;-)!

Yes for me too it was the racing connection and the tool-watch look. Plus the fact that at the time it was quite niche, so it gave you an idea of being part of a somewhat special circle.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

: What was your first Heuer and what drew you to it?

: I am yet to own a Heuer but would like to one day. What drew me to
: Heuer was its history with motor racing. I love the story about
: Jack, his love of Ferrari and relationship with the Rodriguez
: brothers (as well as the story of Heuer with F1). For this
: reason, my favourite of the series of watches by Heuer is the
: Carrera - though this is like choosing your favourite
: child...near impossible. The watches made by Heuer,
: particularly, in the 50 to late 70s, for me, represent an
: evolution of the company, its dedication to improving the
: quality of watch they made and the asethic beauty of their
: watches.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE